Pioneers Park is an approximately 3.6-hectare park that stretches across the House of the National Assembly, the political center of Belgrade. It used to be the garden of the palace where successive Serbian kings resided, but after the kingdom collapsed during World War II, the fence surrounding the garden was removed in 1944 and it was opened to the public. A lush park was also created around the House of the National Assembly and St. Mark's Church, which are adjacent to the park, and the whole area has become a place of relaxation for Belgrade citizens.
Around Kralja Milana Street
Kralja Milana Street is the main street of Belgrade and is always crowded with people. The area has gradually become urbanized since the Principality of Serbia was granted autonomy by the Ottoman Empire in 1830, and now flourishes as the political center of Belgrade. The area is full of sights that bear witness to Serbia's history and culture, such as the Temple of Saint Sava, one of the largest Greek Orthodox churches in the world, and a building that was bombed by NATO in 1999.