House of the National Assembly
The House of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia, which stands along Bulevar kralja Aleksandr in the center of Belgrade, is a neo-Gothic structure completed in 1936. The building, which has been the site of parliamentary meetings under various regimes through turbulent times, is now a landmark of Belgrade and a tourist attraction where many people take pictures. When the sun goes down, the building is lit up and its beautiful appearance comes to life, adding color to Belgrade at night.
Around Kralja Milana Street
Kralja Milana Street is the main street of Belgrade and is always crowded with people. The area has gradually become urbanized since the Principality of Serbia was granted autonomy by the Ottoman Empire in 1830, and now flourishes as the political center of Belgrade. The area is full of sights that bear witness to Serbia's history and culture, such as the Temple of Saint Sava, one of the largest Greek Orthodox churches in the world, and a building that was bombed by NATO in 1999.